Kita's performances and workshops offer a fascinating insight into a range of Asian cultures.
Kita Performing Arts Company presents traditional and contemporary performing arts of Asia. We love to share our cultures with each other and our audiences. We are equally at home in professional theatre and in communities, schools and at festivals. Our performances are lively, colourful, interactive and educational.
Kita is based in Melbourne, Australia. We mostly work across the Melbourne metropolitan area and regional Victoria.
Kita is an Indonesian word that means ‘we’. We chose this word for our name because of its Indonesian meaning, and also because the letters of the word 'Kita' stand for our home countries; Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan and our new homeland of Australia. We met in 2001 when our original members were studying dance teaching and management at Box Hill Institute. Together with our lecturer Kim Dunphy, we formed our company. Since 2001 we have been busy performing in schools, at community and corporate events and creating our own professional works. We have been touring Victoria with Regional Arts Victoria Arts 2 Go program since 2003 and have performed to more than 50,000 students in that time.
- to provide live theatre performances that are entertaining and educational
- to offer Australian people exposure to the traditional culture and performing arts of our Asian neighbours
- to offer learning experiences through theatre that enrich a range of education curriculum areas including performing arts, SOSE, (especially Asian studies), LOTE and English.
- to provide Asian performing artists opportunities to share their cultural heritage.
performances, workshops and artists residencies for:
- schools, students and professional development
- community events and festivals
- corporate and private events
Download booking form (PDF)
We are happy to discuss your activity and give you a quote. Please contact Director Sabrina Chou.
Tel: 0468 560 959 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org